Ah… his first Father’s day. Monsieur Meow is très paternal, and it’s very sweet to watch.
I must confess, as with Mother’s day, this one is also a little surreal. We have the kid; we got the presents; we’re having expensive RED MEAT from the Eastern market (I won’t say I was bullied into buying it, but let’s just say that I nearly screamed at the price, and as the butcher guy waited for my squeal, an extremely polite and nice older man ordered the same cut and his was more expensive. That was met with no expression change in him whatsoever. So I couldn’t act all country mouse and be outraged, now could I?)…
It’s still very weird to think that we’re parents.
A very sweet lady congratulated my husband outside Target yesterday, and while he tried to joke it away, I know he was pinking slightly within. In other words, he luuuuuuurved the whole daddy idea.
Anyhoo….. it’s still a w00t w00t to Monsieur Meow, to a lovely leisurely day, and to our new parent status. Hooray and pass the champagney!
As promised, here’s a meme. I found it, as forecast by the blog’s owner, while looking for the word “twitterpated.” The word just popped in my mind and I had to look it up. So, now explained away(“twitterpated” comes from Bambi and means “in love”) here is the meme, courtesy of Sara over at Twitterpated:
Place an x by all the things you’ve done; this is for your entire life:
(x) Smoked a cigarette
(x) Drank so much you threw up
( ) Crashed a friend’s car
( ) Stolen a car
(x) Been in love
( ) Been dumped
(x) Quit your job
( ) Been in a fist fight
(x) Snuck out of your parents’ house
(x) Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back
( ) Been arrested
(x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
(x) Seen someone die
(x) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico (weird huh? Never, ever.)
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost
( ) Been on the opposite side of the world. (hmm….. no, I guess Hawaii doesn’t count, no)
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Felt like dying
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robbers
( ) Recently colored with crayons (well, not recently, no)
(x) Sang karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with only coins
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t?
(x) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue. (amazingly yes, since I haven’t been in much snow at all. Ever)
(x) Danced in the rain
( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus (that’s kinda dopey… sorry…. I’m not very American that way)
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Made a bonfire on the beach
(x) Crashed a party
(x) Gone roller-skating (and nearly died doing it, huh Red?)
( ) Ice-skating
1. Any nicknames? Miss Meow, MM, etc.
2. Mother’s name? Rev. Mom ;o)
3. What is your favorite drink? Tea (<–I agree)
4. Tattoos? Nope
5. Body piercing? Nope, just two in each ear
6. How much do you love your job? The mom thing? Sure, but man is it exhausting.
7. Birthplace: Bogota, Colombia
8. Favorite vacation spot? My own mind.
9. Ever been to Africa? Not yet.
10. Ever steal any traffic signs? Yes.
11. Ever been in a car accident? Yes
12. A, B, C, D, DD cup size? Lately, my cup runneth over to a D. Thanks, breastfeeding.
13. 2 Door or 4 Door? 4 door, please
14. Salad dressing? Vinaigrette
15. Favorite pie? PIE! I’m like Cartman in that respect (but no chocolate chicken pot pies, please)
16. Favorite number? 9
17. Favorite movie? Ooh. Loads
18. Favorite holiday? Hmmm… Thanksgiving day, I think
19. Favorite food? The edible kind
20. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
21. Favorite brand of body soap? those yummy philosophy ones
22. Favorite TV show? the VH1 ones, House MD, American Idol, Hell’s Kitchen, fun reality ones, etc.
23. Favorite brand of toothpaste? Colgate Total. It does what it says it will.
24. Favorite smell? Tuberoses, violets, baby’s head
25. What do you do to relax? Drink tea, do Sudoku puzzles
26. What do you want to say to all of your friends reading this? Hi! :o)
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I honestly have no idea, but I’m betting it involves being a daughter, wife and mother.
28. What do you do when you are bored? Get online.
29. Where is the furthest place this message will go? To infinity and beyond? Or to borrow a line from Twitterpater, it will go to whoever was (un?)fortunate enough to get to this page by entering “Zen+Sarcasm” into their browser.
30. Who will respond the fastest? Can’t say, since I’m not really asking anyone to do it.
31. Who is least likely to respond ? What’s the world’s population, again?
Geez, I’m slow to notice things. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!