Continuing what seems to be Public Service Announcement Week here at Zen Sarcasm, I leave you with a quickie checklist that may lift a heavy burden off your shoulders.
Do you know/love/live with/have to endure a psychopath/sociopath?
If you would like to read the full article, please click here. But if you want the Cliffs Notes version, here is a serious questionnaire for you. You may be saving yourself endless grief and suffering by realizing that maybe, just maybe, you are being used by someone who doesn't care about you.
How do you know if you're dealing with a sociopath (by Adam Khan):
1. Do you often feel used by the person?
2. Have you often felt that he (or she)
doesn't care about you?
3. Does he lie and deceive you?
4. Does he tend to make contradictory statements?
5. Does he tend to take from you and not
give back much?
6. Does he often appeal to pity? Does he
seem to try to make you feel sorry for him?
7. Does he try to make you feel guilty?
8. Do you sometimes feel he is taking advantage
of your good nature?
9. Does he seem easily bored and need constant
10. Does he use a lot of flattery? Does
he interact with you in a way that makes you feel flattered even
if he says nothing overtly complimentary?
11. Does he make you feel worried? Does
he do it obviously or more cleverly and sneakily?
12. Does he give you the impression you
13. Does he chronically fail to take responsibility
for harming others? Does he blame everyone and everything but
And does he do these things far more than
the other people in your life? If you answered yes to many of
these, you may be dealing with a sociopath. For sure you're dealing
with someone who isn't good for you, whatever you want to call
I hope you find this useful in your day-to-day relationships. Keep calm and carry on, now.