If you are a regular to this space, you may be wondering what on God’s green earth happened to me.
I probably won’t be able to condense, as I’m aiming for brevity here, but here we go:
1. “God’s green earth” is actually a cruel, cruel joke around these here parts. California has been burning everywhere and it’s at times scary and at times frustrating. True– Chaparral forests will burn, as is their wont. But when you know that the fire that held you up for hours somewhere between Santa Cruz and Monterey in the amazingly and unbelievable temperature of 94 degrees was caused by someone and not by the sheer forces of nature, it’s a little harder to understand the will of nature.
2. Do you have a yearning in your heart for leading a less complicated existence? Pretend you’re moving and can only ship a very select amount of belongings! You’ll be struck at just how useless most things suddenly appear. Right, Rev. Mom?
3. One of the most amazing things of early pregnancy (and you may feel free to roll your eyes at this whole item) is the fact that your sense of smell becomes like a weird superpower. I am Super Smelling Pregnant Lady, and I can tell there is a magnolia three blocks away! SHAZAM!
4. It’s amazing how nearly 20 years’ worth of memories can fit in two boxes.
5. It’s even more amazing how 10 years’ worth of living in one place can produce three obscene trips to Goodwill that didn’t even appear to make a dent.
6. A two-year old can reduce your vocabulary to “NO!” and its derivatives, “DON’T!” and “STOP!”
7. One or two really good friends can make ten okay-acquaintances seem nearly pointless.
More later, promise. July is just around the corner, and with it comes the food-themed NaBlo.
Because I’m insane.