This is entry number two in my impromptu-themed Valentine’s week.
By the way, I love Valentine’s day– even when I had no valentine and I had to soothe my long-suffering
and oh-so-bruised ego by giving away candy to those guys I admired only from afar in some sort of pathetic and manqué personal version of "Sixteen Candles". Even when my secret (and now thanks to the magic of the Internet and my own personal verborrhea, not so secret) pastime was giving the stink-eye to those girls who would walk by, giant ALF bangs peeking above a small hillock of candy and teddy bears and balloons rising from their arms, smugly flipping their crimped and fried tresses onto the shoulders of a letterman’s jacket; I would still smile, eat candy hearts, and hang on to the romantic dream that someday someone would ply me with as much red and white schlock and attempt to grope me on the back of a cheap, smelly American coupe.
See kids? Rock and roll dreams do come true!
But as usual, I digress.
Cutting to the chase: I love memes, and this little Valentine is to them. I don’t do enough (or nearly any) of them, not anymore, and sometimes I wonder if I should just do loads of them in a separate blog or something. And Florinda over at Reading, ‘Riting, and Randomness had this incredibly cute and funny meme called, cleverly enough "High School Memesical" (and thank you for the ann’y wishes too!!). So, what better way to declare my love for memes than to fill one out.
And Facebook? This one is for you!
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it
was, the more fun the answers will be! (The real fun would be making up
what you can’t remember.)
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes– my crush who was a major disappointment, and my first boyfriend who turned out to be a psycho. No lie.
2. Did you win anything in Seniors ‘Who’s Who’? I’ll assume that’s like superlatives, and if so then yes I did.
3. What kind of car did you drive? A ’92 Pontiac GrandAm, which apparently earned me coolness points, though I am told by the resident car guru that I was living a lie. Go figure.
4. It’s Friday night…where are you? Getting out of some play rehearsal, being The Asshole Teenager At Denny’s.
5. Were you a party animal? Oh, heavens no.
6. Were you considered a flirt? I never learned to properly flirt, and thus managed to alienate those guys I liked while somehow firing up the loins of those I never meant to entice.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir, after school.
8. Were you a nerd? No one who is answering this meme on a personal blog can possibly and seriously answer this question with a "no" at this point.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope. I was far too unimaginative in my mischief to ever incur the administration’s wrath.
10. Can you sing the fight song? You mean "YOU SUCK" wasn’t our fight song?
11. Who were your favorite teachers? English/French and Drama teachers– they were in it for blood, but I owe them both a big debt of gratitude.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? By the bleachers, where the seagull pooped on my and my friend’s hair.
13.What was your school’s full name? Monterey High School.
14. School mascot? A Toreadore, which would sound like kind of a cool mascot in a way– except that it was really lame. I could never understand why we couldn’t just get it over with, drop the cheesy faux Spanish and be the Bullfighters.
15. Were you on homecoming court? Hell, no.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Hell, no! Being pimply, insecure, clueless and naïve is hard enough once around!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember far too much, and yet not enough. The day itself was quite fun, but tinged with a very eerie uncertainty about life itself.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? I actually cannot remember– something tells me I actually went to school, just to be extra nerdy and lame.
20.Were you in any clubs? Yeah, but don’t ask me to name them because I vaguely remember. Hmm… maybe French club?
21. Who was your Senior prom date? The coolest French scholar, like, ever!
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I had food poisoning scheduled for that week.
23. Do you still talk to people from high school? Amazingly enough, yes. (disenfranchised peepz be in da house!! w00t!)
Ah, that was fun. Exes and ohs to everyone in Blog World!