I think I mentioned earlier that I’ve been geeking out big time in a mommy board. It’s really more fun than I ever expected it to be, to be perfectly honest. If you’ve read any of my entries, or if you’ve read the title of this blog, you may have come to the (correct) conclusion that I have a minorly jaded, mostly realistic, and somewhat um…… sarcastic view of life.
This attitude is especially targeted towards people and institutions who take themselves too seriously, and it can be quite the sticky wicket when you have to put your whole foot (or defiantly leave it out) in your mouth after having commented on the ridiculousness of
(pick any or all that apply)
– buying THE perfect nursery with coordinated everything
– even if you cannot afford it
– for which you’ll need to know the gender of the baby
– which is the MOST important thing about your Ultrasound
– because after all, EVERY CHILD is God’s greatest gift
– and the government needs to pay me welfare
– and change the rating on “Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas” because it’s okay to let my preteen pretend he’s an extremely foul-mouthed man with a vendetta, killing (corrupt) cops or waging gang wars with his addicted gang brothers… but he may NOT get laid!
I don’t know you, but if I were running around shooting people and living an extremely hard, raw living, I would want to get me some hot nookie whereever I could. And I mean….. the lady offers you coffee!!
My point: we’re an evil and thankless society, but I think you already knew that.
It’s just that sometimes we’re reminded of just how thankless we truly are.