If I could telegraph this post with my unconscious mind, I would– I am that tired.
But a few things need to be said:
- We’re road-tripping again, whee! Fun but exhausting.
- My road rage is quite amazing. I never cease to be amazed by the volume, force, and vulgarity of the things that come out of my mouth when I’m behind the wheel of a car.
- Rest areas can be quite cute when wildflowers and native structures are introduced. South Carolina has lovely ones, as a matter of fact. However, there is nothing quite as beautiful as seeing a rest area with enough rest rooms that are well lit and clean, when you reeeeeeeeeeeally have to go. Breathtaking.
- Stuffed beef sounds positively alarming, decadent, excessive when stuffed with chorizo, in a Cuban dish called boliche. But oh, dear Internets, is it GOOD.
- And if you’re going to be in Florida, why not try to go to a restaurant called Columbia? It’s delicious and I am pretty sure you’ll love it, because Spanish and Cuban foods are really good. Like, really really really good.
- And finally, if you go there are you order the tableside Sangría, be prepared to be very happy and tipsy.
- Oh yeah. In Colombia, when one gets drunk it’s referred to as a "rasca." It’s kind of a funny term and it sounds funny. And hee hee hee hee rasca. Hee hee.